Notice on Updated Requirements for Chinese Visa Application
The Chinese Embassy and Consulates-General in the U.K. will accept the visa applications from the following applicants:
1. Foreign national who is holding a Foreigner's Residence Permit of China for work or private matters that expired after 0 a.m., 28 March 2020, and who needs to go to China for the same visiting purpose as shown on the Residence Permit and is able to provide the documents required for relevant visa type;
2. Applicant who has an "Invitation Letter (PU/TE)" or a "Verification Confirmation of Invitation" issued by the Foreign Affairs Office of the provincial government or the provincial department of commerce of the intended place of visit for visiting China for economic, trade, scientific, technological, cultural or sport purposes;
3. Applicant who has obtained a "Notification Letter of Foreigners Work Permit" as well as an "Invitation Letter (PU/TE)" or a "Verification Confirmation of Invitation" for working in China;
4. Applicant intending to visit an immediate family member (foreign nationals included) in China (including parents, spouse, children, grandparents, grandchildren) who is in critical medical condition and in need of care, or to arrange funeral matters of an immediate family member in China;
Photocopies of medical certificate or death certificate, proof of relationships (including birth certificate, marriage certificate, Chinese household registration, certificate letter from the local police bureau in China, notarial certificate of kinship, etc.), and an invitation letter from relatives in China are required.
5. Applicant who qualifies for a crew (C) visa.
Applicants are required to fill in the online application form and make an appointment with the nearest Chinese Visa Application Centre before submitting applications in person on the date of appointment. Children under the age of 14 are not required to go to the Visa Application Centre for biometric information collection.
Visa applications for other visiting purposes which are not included above will not be accepted at the moment.
Please be advised that the above are temporary arrangements and subject to further change. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.